Facing concert hall + well site south end of grounds
Image of Fort Battleford (left to right): Guard Room (2nd Location), Concert Hall, (B.5 behind), Ice House, Latrine, Pump House, Main Stable, Sick Horse Stable. Pump House Well Site: the windmill was not constructed until 1889, although as early as 1886 it was suggested one should be built. The mill stood 40 ft high at the centre of the wheel. It drew water up to a tank in the pump house. The building was frame construction. The tower was made of wood with a small metal tower supporting the wheel. The mill had been dismantled by 1925.
1 photograph: b&w print
Division 6 - North West
RM of Battle River No. 438