Corry Log House Photosynth - Room Three
Photosynth images of the interior of the third room of the Corry Log House, an out building on display at the Eastend Historical Museum. This log cabin is known as the Corry log house or Corry cabin. English immigrant Donald Corry began its construction in 1909, with the last add-on room completed in 1924. The log house was originally built at the Tie Rail Ranch 9 km west of Eastend, SK. The ranch derived its name from the first item erected at the building site: a tie rail (hitching pole). In 1948, the Pearson family purchased the Tie Rail Ranch and moved into the log house. The building was donated to the Eastend Historical Museum by Don and Darleen Pearson in 1987 and moved to its current site in the museum yard by volunteers. In 1989 the building's restoration was completed, including new bottom log supports and aluminum to replace the original sod roof. View the photosynth here: http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=0d2c195a-ba2f-4b4d-8f5a-c194c5099762
Eastend Historical Museum
31 Digital Photographs
Eastend Historical Museum grants the right to use on a temporary basis, otherwise phone (306) 295-3670.
Division 3 - South West
RM of White Valley No. 49